RE: ip_masq_ftp 2.2.19

To: 'Julian Anastasov' <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: RE: ip_masq_ftp 2.2.19
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Jeremy Kusnetz <JKusnetz@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:48:27 -0400
Internet
-----------------
|Good FTP Client|-----------------|
-----------------                 |

           | ------------------|  |
Work Lan   |       | LVS Lan      |
----------------   |        ---------------
| Work Firewall|   |        |LVS/IP_MASQ  |
----------------   |        | VIP         |
-----------------  |              |
| Bad FTP client|  |       ------------------
-----------------  |       | RIP, FTP Server|--
                           ------------------  |
                              |----------------|
Does this make any sense?

The Good FTP client is any FTP client out there on the internet.  Both
Active and Passive
work.

The Bad FTP client are FTP clients sitting behind a work firewall (NOT the
LVS firewall).
Active ftp times out and Passive ftp gets Connection Refused.

The Bad FTP client worked fine with both Active and Passive FTP with Kernel
2.2.16 and LVS 0.9.15, so it seems to be some sort of interaction with
ip_masq_ftp and the work firewall?

I would leave everything with 2.2.16, but I need to upgrade for other
non-LVS related reasons (ie NFS, client loses connection to NFS server, NFS
server crashes.  Kind of takes away any advantage of having clusters/LVS..
:-) ).