stupid question: can I access LVS http-server from director

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: stupid question: can I access LVS http-server from director
From: Alois Treindl <alois@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 21:22:56 +0200 (METDST)
I have a stupid question (I know, I should RTFM):
can I access a load balanced http service in a load-balanced way by
processes runnign on the director itself?

Reason:
I want to run server load benchmarks against a LVS which is located
remotely (in a colocation center).

My own Internet link bandwidth from my office or home is too limited
to put the server under heavy load (I can create many requests, but
the bandwidth is too narrow for the returned pages; I want realistic
tests).

If I could run my 'heavy load simulating script' which creates many
http requests on the director itself, I would not be limited
by my connectivity bandwidth.

I can run the scripts from the director against any realserver by giving
its real IP directly, but I have not found how I can run it against the
VIP, to test the cluster response as one unit.

Alois