Re: foundry vs. lvs

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: foundry vs. lvs
Cc: bm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 07:31:28 -0400
> >One person has got 1Gbps out
> > of linux but the patches aren't compatible with with netfilter etc (or
> > just about anything else that uses networking). The network layer is being
> > rewritten in 2.5.
>
> can you give a pointer to that?

If you mean the Gbps part, the paper I have which I downloaded from the net
somewhere (so the URL is probably on google) is from the NordU USENIX meeting
in Stockholm, 2001 "Fast routing in Linux or a way to spend Christmas Holidays",
Jamal Hadi Salim and Robert Olsson.

ah here it is

http://robur.slu.se/Linux/net-development/jamal/FF-html/

They give a URL to their presentation at Ottawa in Aug 2000

http://www.data.slu.se/bifrost

which redirects to a page on the bifrost project (which I hadn't heard of),
which is in Swedish