RE: Problems with LVS-NAT and direct routing to network behindLVS.....

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Problems with LVS-NAT and direct routing to network behindLVS.....
From: "Zachariah Mully" <zmully@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:05:27 -0400
Pawel-
        I think that Joseph was confused by your use of "Direct Routing" which
in the context of LVS means something totally different that what you
intend.
        If I understand you correctly you have a route between the DMZ and your
private internal network and the box with the LVS-NAT is routing both
requests from the Internet (traffic that should be load balanced) and
from the internal network (traffic that shouldn't be LB'ed). You need to
read up on either your firewall rules or setup an internal DNS server to
fix your problem as the problem isn't with the LVS, but with how you are
NAT/Masq/Portfw'ing your external ips to the LB'ed RS'es.
        Since you don't mention what you're running (ipchains/iptables), I
can't help you any further than to say this is a lot easier to do if
you're running iptables on the director/router. With ipchains there
isn't any way that I know of to do what you want.

Good luck,
Zack