Re: lvs-nat on WAN and...

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: lvs-nat on WAN and...
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 11:02:26 +0200
Hi,

>Hello.
>I have two questions:

Could you please post the next questions in plain ASCII?

>What is the reason that RealServers work only in private networks? Is it
>possible to run them on >WAN? Maybe on different networks for
>each RS?

There is no reason, RS can work in any environment, private networks
and public networks. What made you come to your conclusion? To what
exactly do you refer with "... run them on WAN"? As long as you use
TCP/IP, you will be happy with LVS. I don't understand the usage of
having each RS on a different network. Please explain ...

>And the 2nd one: Has anybody thoght about lvs-nat where there is more than one
>Director? Is it >possible?

Do you mean stacked directors in series? Like on director load balances
two directors which in turn load balance different RS farms? This is
possible and I think someone has done it for fun. If you don't refer
to this, you should be more precise, maybe a sketch could help.

Regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz

BTW, pretty strange homepage but hot chicks you guys have over there.

--
mailto: `echo NrOatSz@xxxxxxxxx | sed 's/[NOSPAM]//g'`