RE: Re: lvs-nat on WAN and...

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Re: lvs-nat on WAN and...
From: "Zachariah Mully" <zmully@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 16:22:31 -0400
Malalon-
        Why would you want both directors to be active? I would think that this
would be a routing nightmare unless you can find some way of getting the
directors to share their connection tables, if not, how is a realserver
gonna know which director to pass the reply back to?
        You'd be better off looking at it from a hot spare angle. Have two
directors, with heartbeat and fake running between them (check out
http://www.linux-ha.org for the ha software)... I have some foggy memory
of Wenzhong working on a way to keep the connections tables synced
between the master and the hot spare so fail over is seamless... I don't
think it would really matter though, unless you were doing stuff with
persistence.

My $0.10CDN
Zack