Problems with LVS, I'm trying to get it to work.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Problems with LVS, I'm trying to get it to work.
From: Dmitry Dan Brovkovich <ddbrovko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 13:45:49 -0400
Hi,

        I'm in the proccess of setting my first cluster up. I've compiled the
kernel, 2.4.9 and the ip_vs.o modules is loading fine. The problem starts
when I try to run the configure script, I get this message:

device eth0 has VIP 10.5.3.130
Warning:
You are moving the VIP from one device
(presumably from a previous LVS installation),
to a different ethernet device.
This is difficult to do with ifconfig.
It's easy to do with iproute2.
I'll change over to iproute2 sometime.
Till then you'll have to do the changeover yourself with this script.

1. Read (with perldoc) the documentation on
CHANGING VIP BETWEEN ETH DEVICES ON DIRECTOR.

2. (After editing) run rc.remove_vip
(it's in the local directory), with the command.

director:/etc/lvs# ./rc.remove_vip

If there are no errors, re-run the rc.lvs file
and you should not see this notice next time.

NOTE: this node is not setup.

Can you please help me to solve this problem.

Thank you,

Dmitry,