RE: Please Help

To: "LVS" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Joseph Mack" <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Please Help
From: "Bill Hatter" <bhatter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 16:04:36 -0400
>> I guess this is where I'm getting most confused. ALL computers with an
>> internet address should be able to route to my VIP of 65.88.136.61.

>yes, but you'll have to set it up. Your client is on the realserver's
network
>of 192.x.x.x and in your setup, you aren't allowed to have a client on that
network.

huh? Ok..I'm getting confused again. I think MY brain is getting soggy.
That's the problem I'm having. When I try to access the realservers from a
client outside the 192.168.101.x network, I'm not getting a response. What
exactly is it that I have to set up? The fact that anybody who can get on
the internet can access the 65.x.x.x network? That's taken care of by our T1
carrier.

BTW, while checking the kern.log, I noticed that when I was attempting to
access the VIP from outside the 192.x.x.x network, I saw where the packets
are coming in, and the routing is attempting to get done, but at the end of
the line it says "hit". This is indicative of a failed connection as my
successful connections have "not hit".