Re: about Persistent connection

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: about Persistent connection
From: Oktay Akbal <oktay.akbal@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 08:40:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Roberto Nibali wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > what is ppc, some kind of persistant connection acronym? :)  if you are
>
> http://www.linux-vs.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO-8.html#ss8.4

Could you please explain the following quote from the above URL to me ?

 With ppc, connections are assigned on a port by port basis. With ppc, if
 both port 80 and 443 were persistant, then connections from the same
 client would not neccessarily go to the same realserver. This solves the
 AOL problem.

How does "not neccessarily go to the same realserver" solve the
AOL-Problem? I am most interessted in this.

Oktay