Re: about Persistent connection

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: about Persistent connection
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 09:55:26 -0400
Roberto Nibali wrote:

> Hello Charles Huang,
>
> > #----------lvs_dr.conf----------------------------------------
> > LVSCONF_FORMAT=1.1
> > LVS_TYPE=VS_DR
> > INITIAL_STATE=on
> > CLEAR_IPVS_TABLES=yes
> > VIP=eth0:0 61.131.4.187 255.255.255.255 61.131.4.187
> > DIP=eth0 61.131.4.170 61.131.4.128 255.255.255.192 61.131.4.191
> > SERVICE=t http wrr ppc 61.131.4.171,2 61.131.4.172,2 61.131.4.173,2
>           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sorry, I missed this posting last week.
You don't need the ppc, the script handles persistence for you.

> But then Joe mentions something about linked services and I didn't
> quite follow that one:

ahem, cough, I'll try again.

Most services are handled by a single port entry in ipvsadm.
Some services need extra attention - the following conditions are
handled by the configure script.

https: the key exchanges needed for https require that the service
be persistent.

ftp: this is a multiport (20,21) service.
For LVS-NAT, the multiport setup is handled
by loading the module ip_masq_ftp. For VS-DR, VS-Tun,
the two ports are made persistent.

http/https: if http is forwarded to a realserver which
is also handling https, then http is made persistent, on
the assumption that this is an e-commerce site.

other port pairs: these can be set by adding entries to
the array @persistent_services.

Does this help?

Joe