RE: FW: LVS-Tun and Fwmarks

To: "Joseph Mack" <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>, "Julian Anastasov" <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: RE: FW: LVS-Tun and Fwmarks
Cc: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Horms" <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Jeff" <golfer2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 14:43:44 -0400
Thanks to Julian and Joe, I've got the LVS-Tun working using the Director as
the default gateway of the real servers.

Joe, your problem may be solved by the "ip rule add prio...." commands
(below).

First, I setup the director with the following commands (VIP is 90.0.0.35):

iptables -F -t mangle
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp -s 0.0.0.0/0 -d
90.0.0.35/32 --dport http -j MARK --set-mark 1
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp -s 0.0.0.0/0 -d
90.0.0.35/32 --dport https -j MARK --set-mark 1

ipvsadm -A -f 1 -s wlc -p 1200
ipvsadm -a -f 1 -r 192.168.32.1 -i
ipvsadm -a -f 1 -r 192.168.32.6 -i

To get the Fwmarks to be picked up by ipvsadm, I used Julian's suggestion:

ip rule add prio 100 fwmark 1 table 100
ip route add local 0/0 dev lo table 100

On the real servers:

ifconfig tunl0 90.0.0.35 netmask 255.255.255.255 broadcast 90.0.0.35 up
route add -host 90.0.0.35 dev tunl0

Thanks for you help everyone.

Jeff