Re: FW: LVS-Tun and Fwmarks

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: FW: LVS-Tun and Fwmarks
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>, Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 14:57:45 -0400
Jeff wrote:

> Joe, your problem may be solved by the "ip rule add prio...." commands
> (below).

these are smarter variations on having the VIP on the director.

I'm still scratching my head about this one. I've got all these instructions
in the HOWTO about routing packets from the test client to the director, which
means
I didn't have the VIP on the director, and I can't have used transparent proxy,
as I was using 2.4 directors, but I don't have a word about getting the the
packet
accepted by the director. So I can't imagine how I did it.

I can't imagine what I must have done. All I can remember was that packets were
accepted on the director without me having to do anything worth writing down.