Re: FW: LVS-Tun and Fwmarks

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FW: LVS-Tun and Fwmarks
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeff <golfer2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 15:39:13 -0400
Julian Anastasov wrote:

>         Hello,
>
> On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Joseph Mack wrote:

> > There seems to be something important I've forgotten here.
>
>         To configure VIP in director :)

I thought that once a packet arrived at the director and got a fwmark on it
in the pre-routing chain, that ipvs could pick it up from there, with no
VIP, ipchains redirects or anything on the director, ie the fwmarked packet
just got forwarded by ipvs. Are you saying that this is impossible and
I must have put done something else to get it to work (and I've forgotten
whatever it is)?