Re: Accessing lvs service from the NAT router

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Wonczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Accessing lvs service from the NAT router
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:22:19 -0500
Stephan Wonczak wrote:

> > cannot connect to its own VIPs
>
>   *grumble* This is exactly the answer I did not want to hear....

yes

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/mini-HOWTO/LVS-mini-HOWTO.html#gotchas

it's required for the design. You won't be getting around it.

> > , but it can connect to the RIPs on the web servers in the cluster.

I assume you want to connect to VIP:service on a realserver. You
could have the service on the realserver listen to RIP:service as well
and connect from the director to that. This is the method used to
check the state of services running on the realservers in LVS-DR from
the director when using mon. You hope that if the realserver or the
service dies on the VIP on the realserver, that the service on the RIP
will go too.

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx