Re: Accessing lvs service from the NAT router

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Accessing lvs service from the NAT router
From: Stephan Wonczak <Wonczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:02:50 +0100 (MET)
  Hi Joe!

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Joseph Mack wrote:

> Stephan Wonczak wrote:
> >

> > > cannot connect to its own VIPs
> >
> >   *grumble* This is exactly the answer I did not want to hear....
>
> yes
>
> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/mini-HOWTO/LVS-mini-HOWTO.html#gotchas

  Thanks for the pointer! Your HowTo is very good, but a little too ..
lets say ... voluminous for easy digestion. Especially if you only had one
or two days to actually study it :-) It's easy to miss the quoted
paragraph.
  Even if it does dash our hopes of getting it to work like we want, at
least now we have the definite answer we sought and we can look for a
different solution.

> it's required for the design. You won't be getting around it.

  **SIGH**

> > > , but it can connect to the RIPs on the web servers in the cluster.
>
> I assume you want to connect to VIP:service on a realserver.

  Actually, no. We want to connect to VIP:service from the director. Same
difference; it does not work either way from what I understood.

<snip suggestion for connecting from a realserver>

  Thanks again for your help. Keep up the good work!

                Dipl. Chem. Dr. Stephan Wonczak
                Institut fuer Angewandte Informatik (ZAIK)
                Regionales Rechenzentrum der Universitaet zu Koeln (RRZK)
                Universitaet zu Koeln
                Robert-Koch-Strasse 10
                50931 Koeln
                Tel: ++49/(0)221/478-5577