Re: Accessing lvs service from the NAT router

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Accessing lvs service from the NAT router
From: Stephan Wonczak <Wonczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:26:27 +0100 (MET)
On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Ian Millsom wrote:

> Yes and no. 2.4 kernels support internal nat connections.
> CONFIG_IP_NF_NAT_LOCAL=y
> You MUST be using iptables, as ipchains will not work with this as the
> options is only applicable to iptables.
> I have this working on the realservers, but not tested on the director
> itself.

  Hmmm.. this sounds like an interesting suggestion, one I thought
*should* be possible. Alas, I am not proficient enough (yet) to fiddle
around with iptables. As our service needs to go into production 'real
soon now' (TM) I don't have the time to investigate this further at this
point, but I intend to do so in the future. If I somehow get it to work, I
will post to this list.

<snip explanation>

> What you are trying to do can be done.
>
> You want to come from a realserver to another realserver via the director.

  Um, no. I want to connect to VIP:service from the director, not from one
of the realnodes (for direct access *between* the realnodes I have set up
a 'private private' network on different physical nics, which is *not*
routed by the director.)

  <snip explanation>

  Anyway, thanks for your suggestions, I will look into it in the nearer
future.

                Dipl. Chem. Dr. Stephan Wonczak
                Institut fuer Angewandte Informatik (ZAIK)
                Regionales Rechenzentrum der Universitaet zu Koeln (RRZK)
                Universitaet zu Koeln
                Robert-Koch-Strasse 10
                50931 Koeln
                Tel: ++49/(0)221/478-5577