Re: A newbie problem

To: Christophe Sauthier <christophe.sauthier@xxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: A newbie problem
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:52:33 -0500
Christophe Sauthier wrote:

> Joseph Mack wrote:
>
> first of all thanks for writing me back so quickly...

please reply to the mailing list, so replies are archived.
You can cc: me if you want.

> | you are setting up redundant directors?
>
> no I only have one director which is the fallback server... The only one
> is only used with heartbeat ... this is may be the pb. But can you
> explain me why ??
>
> In fact
>
>                         ----------------
>                         |virtual server|
                              director
>                         |192.168.1.225 |
>                         ----------------
>                 |-------------------------------|
>                 |                               |
>         -----------------               -----------------
>         |realserver1    |               |fallback server|
                                            realserver2
>         |10.0.0.1       |               |10.0.0.2       |

let's get the nomenclature straight.
the virtual server is the whole setup (which looks like one machine
to the client).

The director forwards packets to multiple realservers.
There is no fallback server - all machines behind the
director are used all the time.

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx