Re: A newbie problem

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: A newbie problem
From: Christophe Sauthier <christophe.sauthier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:03:33 +0100

Joseph Mack wrote:

first of all thanks for writing me back so quickly...

| you are setting up redundant directors?

no I only have one director which is the fallback server... The only one
is only used with heartbeat ... this is may be the pb. But can you
explain me why ??

In fact

~            ----------------
~            |virtual server|
~            |192.168.1.225 |
~            ----------------
~                |
~                |
~                |
~        |-------------------------------|
~        |                |
~    -----------------        -----------------
~    |real server    |        |fallback server|
~    |10.0.0.1    |        |10.0.0.2    |
~    -----------------        -----------------

the apache service on the real server is started by heartbeat.
the fallback server is the only one that is configured with
ldirectord... so I am testing from the fallback server that the service
is up on the real server...
here is my /etc/ha.d/ldirectord.cf (the only one I use, it is located on
the fallback)
checktimeout=2
checkinterval=2
fallback = 10.0.0.2:80 gate

virtual = 192.168.1.225:80
~        protocol = tcp
~        scheduler = wlc
~        real = 10.0.0.1:80 gate 5
~        request = "/.testpage"
~        receive = "test page"

and here is my /etc/ha.d/ha.cf from the fallback (the one on the real is
identical)...

debugfile /var/log/ha-debug
logfile /var/log/ha-log
logfacility local0