Re: A newbie problem

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: A newbie problem
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:43:47 -0500
Christophe Sauthier wrote:

> Ok I have a pb of nomenclature, so here is exactly my problem (what I
> want to obtain)....
>
> |-------------|
> |     users   |
> |-------------|
> ~        |
> ~        |
> ~        |
> ~        |
> Internet/Intranet
> ~        |
> ~        |
> ~        |
> ~        |--------------------------------------------------virtual IP
> adress
> ~
> 192.168.1.225
> ~
> |
> ~
> |
> ~
> |
> ~
> |
> ~
> --------------------------------------
> ~
> |                                              |
> ~
> --------------------------
> ---------------------------
> ~                                            |realserver1
> |                  |realserver2             |
> ~                                            |10.0.0.1
> |                  |10.0.0.2                   |
> ~

your diagram is wider than 66 chars, so I didn't get it

> The aim is that realserver2 is use when the apache on realserver1 is
> down.....

This is not how you use an LVS. All realservers work all the time.
(If one realserver fails, you can switch it out.)

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx