Re: The Two Server Distance Problem (Re: DNS Trick??)

Subject: Re: The Two Server Distance Problem (Re: DNS Trick??)
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:31:03 -0400
Joel Webb wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Joseph Mack wrote:
>
> If both machines have to look like one virtual machine, then I guess we
> can do mail services and other things like that. Huh?

be carefull. You have the same "many writer" problem with mail
that you do with a database. Read the HOWTO on mail as an LVS'ed
service. E-mail servers have their own inbuild redundancy.

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx