Re: Failover Between 2 Datacenters

Subject: Re: Failover Between 2 Datacenters
From: ken price <kprice75@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 10:35:24 -0700 (PDT)
As far as I can tell, this won't work if I'm hosted with 2 different companies.  Way too many routers would have to be updated for this change to occur.

Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx> wrote:
ken price wrote:

> All this chat between Joel, Joseph, and Roberto has let to some questions. Is anyone aware of any project that would allow me the
> same level of failover/redundancy that an LVS project like Keepalived provides, but between clusters colocated with 2 different
> providers?

when this is done commercially, people change entries in router (eg bgrp) tables.
The backup system carries the IPs of the primary system.
Can you get access to these tables?

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx