Re: port translation in lvs

Subject: Re: port translation in lvs
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 09:46:07 -0500
Ryan Leathers wrote:

> Can port translation be done by lvs?
> I have lvs-nat running with 2 redundant directors and 3 real servers.

yes, this is one of the main features of LVS-NAT, and is not possible
in LVS-DR or LVS-Tun, although I notice that the LVS-HOWTO doesn't even mention
it :-(

You can find it in the mini-HOWTO if you know what to look for, but it isn't
obvious.

> I need requests to port 80 at the VIP to be forwarded to port 9999 at the
> real servers.

/sbin/ipvsadm -a -t VIP:http -r RIP:9999 -m -w 1

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx