port translation in lvs

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: port translation in lvs
From: Ryan Leathers <Ryan.Leathers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 13:59:26 -0500
Joseph,

Thanks for your response.  This is really slick and a lot easier than the
iptables effort I was about to undertake.

I still have some questions though.

I have been using Piranha to modify lvs.cf details which ultimately populate
the services lvs is handling.

I don't see where port translation details can be specified in lvs.cf.  I'm
thinking that I will need to dump Piranha and build a script to load my
virtual services and assign real servers.  This script should also take care
of heartbeat for the directors and launch iptables.  Maybe the iptables
launching is a bit over the top, but I need a way to make sure Admins who
come after me are sure to see the relationship between iptables masquerading
and lvs-nat with firewall marks and port translation.

Am I on the right track - do I need to dump Piranha and use a script
instead?

If so are there some good boiler-plate scripts for this sort of thing in the
public domain?

OR can lvs.cf  easily be made to handle port translation?

If so where can I find an example?

Thanks in advance for the hand-holding.

Ryan