Re: kernel oops

Subject: Re: kernel oops
From: Brad Chang <keepalived@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:34:11 -0800
I downloaded the kernel from kernel.org at this link
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.4/linux-2.4.25.tar.gz

also here is the more descriptive problem I had with this server below also
shows where I got each package:

Im having a problem with ipvsadm/keepalived.  Similar to the posts that I did
very recently.
basically I am running this system:
celeron 1Ghz system running on a MSI 6368
motherboard with a via chipset.the onboard nic is a rtl8100L (eth0-inside) and
the pci is a rtl8139c (eth1- outside world)
I am useing the 8139too module for these cards.  I am running a compiled kernel
2.4.25 on debian 3.0 stable
with unstable packages for keepalived and ipvsadm.  apic and acpi is turned off.
ipvsadm is version ipvsadm v1.21 2002/11/12 (compiled with popt and IPVS
v1.0.9) [got this ipvsadm from mirrors.kernel.org as a debian package with apt
unstable] and keepalived is Keepalived v1.1.6 (23/02, 2004) [  got keepalived
from keepalived.org and applied this patch
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.keepalived.devel/870 ].   the traffic I am
doing hourly on a 95th Percentile  Metered Usage (updated hourly) is approx
12033.37 kb/sec.

Basically what happens is keepalived will stop passing traffic on all ip
addresses it has.  the ips bound to the server with /etc/network/interfaces
work fine so I can get on the machine.  ipvsadm retains all ipvs settings when
this problem happens.  the only way that I have been able to fix this

problem is to fail over to the secodary server and reboot the failed server.  a
restart of keepalived does not do anything.   also restarting networking as
soon as ipvs threads start I get a kernel oops

thanks for any help and input

-Brad