Re: kernel oops

Subject: Re: kernel oops
Cc: keepalived-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Alexandre Cassen <alexandre.cassen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:03:40 +0100 (CET)
Hi Brad,

Hmm... after thought, I would suggest the following debugging step in order to
troubleshoot quickly the issue.

We have to find where the problem is, since your are using 2 things, we just
need to incrementally test the
stuff. So, first we need to try the IPVS setup without any kind of dynamic
testing tools. So first test that the
problem is not with IPVS, you create a static IPVS conf using ipvsadm... then
you test with your heavy load
.... The kernel oops you are reporting is something strange that tell me the
issue is something in the kernel
(nic driver, ..... ipvs)... Can be NIC driver (don't know, ... just fealing...).

If IPVS static conf is validate, then add keepalived that add dynamic IPVS
rules... I really think the problem is somewhere
else since Keepalived for IPVS is really spartiate, only set/remove rules...
nothing else...

I would suggest changing the NIC with NIC like intel or 3Com... just give it a
try :)

Best regards,
Alexandre