RE: kernel oops

To: "'alexandre.cassen@xxxxxxxxxx'" <alexandre.cassen@xxxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: kernel oops
Cc: keepalived-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 08:37:30 -0800
> I would suggest changing the NIC with NIC like intel or
> 3Com... just give it a try :)

I was going to suggest the same thing.  I've got a bunch of Keepalived
servers out there, some of them passing 50+ megabit fine.  I had big issues
with Keepalived with some DEC-based cards, but once I switched to the Intels
everything just worked.

I recommend the dual-100mb intels :
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=290670.  Alternatively
these dual-1000mb Intels (6x the cost) will let you scale more :
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=390888.  Both of these
cards have NAPI drivers already out there; this is something you want as you
scale more.

---