Re: Not understanding some behavior

Subject: Re: Not understanding some behavior
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 14:10:03 -0400
Randy Paries wrote:

> Now if I take down the http server on krusty and do a ipvsadm --list I get
> ipvsadm --list
> IP Virtual Server version 1.0.10 (size=65536)
> Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
>   -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
> TCP  test.unitnet.com:http wlc persistent 1800 mask 255.255.255.0
>   -> local.krusty:http            Route   0      0          0
>   -> local.flanders:http          Route   1      0          0
>   -> backup:http                  Local   0      0          0
>
> But If I try to go to the web server I get page not found.

This is the problem with persistence. After failing out krusty,
no new connections are allowed. Your client (because of persistence)
is part of an established entry in the ipvsadm table and so will be
directed to krusty, which is down.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx