RE: System crash

Subject: RE: System crash
From: "Peter Mueller" <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:55:57 -0700

.

> No more network, no more interactive console access ... the
> only thing
> left is Alt-SysRq ! No single char logged (to disk or to the console)
> that could help :(

Sounds like a classic hardware problem.  What is your NIC?  Have you tried
doing memory tests?  E.g., memtest (http://www.memtest86.com/)?

> Right now, I don't know what I can try and test ? I've
> changed the NIC
> driver, I've stopped the backup director, I've just stopped the sync
> daemon ... and still hoping it won't crash again. If it
> crashes again,
> I'll run without ipvs for a few days to see if it's really the cause.

Tg3/broadcom?

> Has anybody already faced such a situation ? Any help appreciated.

As I'm sure you know list is really quiet on LVS problems.  I haven't heard
of any servers having big issues from LVS in years and years.

> Linux frioul 2.6.5-1.358smp #1 SMP Sat May 8 09:25:36 EDT

What is 2.6.5-1.358smp?  Is that a fedora kernel?