Re: System crash

Subject: Re: System crash
From: Sébastien BONNET <sebastien.bonnet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 10:25:42 +0200
Hi,

I've been using IVPS 1.0.x for years now and I never had any problem.
Oh, is it that old already ;).

1.0.7 to be accurate.

Ah, I'm afraid you need to enable some debugging flags in your kernel (CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER, CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK_SLEEP, CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK, and of course CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL).

Greping .config produces the following :
# CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER is not set
CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK_SLEEP=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK_SLEEP=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL=y

> For what it's worth, could you send following things after you
> have booted your kernel?
o dmesg -s 31337
o dmidecode
o lspci -v

A bit long, sent privately ...

o biosdecode
command not found
o .config (evt. zcat /proc/config.gz)
file not found

Is it always showing this strack trace when crashing?

Don't know, I've only seen one stack trace ... and still hoping it won't crash again.

Could you try to copy the stack trace by hand and running it
> through ksymoops and send the output here, please?

First problem, Alt-SysRq-t produces tons of output. I can only copy the few ending lines. Second problem, I don't know how to use ksysoops.

Yes, for me the following line in the bootloader configuration helped:
append="pci=noapic"

I'll try that if it crashes again (which is likely as I haven't change anything kernel related since the last crash).

helped, but your problems is much likely of different nature.

Thanks

--
Sébastien BONNET     --    Ingénieur système
Tel: 04.42.25.15.40      GSM: 06.64.44.58.98