Re: Performance issues with LVS-NAT

Subject: Re: Performance issues with LVS-NAT
From: Ed Fisher <efisher@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:23:44 -0600
Joseph Mack wrote:
Ed Fisher wrote:

I was plugging into an extreme 24e2 switch, which was uplinked to an
extreme 1i router.  It was the connection between the 24e2 and the 1i
that was bad.

do you know what was bad about it?

The 1i was set to force full duplex, the switch was set to autonegotiate, and so was, for annoying reasons, defaulting to half duplex. I set the port on the 1i to autonegotiate and performance improved dramatically.

Would there be any way, using iptables rules on the director, to say "connections from this RIP to this VIP should be rewritten to have a destination of this other RIP on this port"?

I don't think it would be possible, since the realserver that initiated the connection would be expecting a reply from VIP, but would get one instead from another realserver's internal IP.

It looks like for that functionality I'll be forced to put iptables on the realservers. Annoying, but doable.

Thanks.

-Ed