Re: Performance issues with LVS-NAT

Subject: Re: Performance issues with LVS-NAT
From: Todd Lyons <tlyons@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:29:01 -0800
Ed Fisher wanted us to know:

>My current guess is that it's the uplink from the switch the external
>interface of the LVS machine is plugged into to the edge router.  I say
>this because scping from the LVS machine to another machine on the same
>switch is very fast (80mbit/s or more), but scping from the LVS machine
>to a machine on the internet is much slower.

Check what the interface speed is with 'mii-tool eth0'.  If you're
plugging in to a Cisco switch, for some reason, most do not want to
auto-negotiate to Full Duplex.  Manually set all ports on it to full
duplex then manually set your nic with mii-tool to full duplex as well.

--
Regards...              Todd
OS X: We've been fighting the "It's a mac" syndrome with upper management