RE: [ANNOUNCE] Ultra Monkey 3

Subject: RE: [ANNOUNCE] Ultra Monkey 3
From: "Graham David Purcocks M.A.(Oxon.)" <grahamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:06:38 +0100
Redhat 7.3 standard kernels do not have LVS support. You need RHES 3
kernels (2.4.27). Thats why there are no longer any kernels in UM 3.

The docs have a TODO to discover the earliest kernel with it in. But I
know its not in 7.3. So you'd need LVS patched 7.3 kernels.

I'm fairly confident the above is correct.

Why do you want to use 7.3? All the rpms already exist for RHEL, why
compile your own? If you don't want to use RHEL, then why not use
Whitebox linux www.whiteboxlinux.org (RHEL clone)?

Just curious why you want to use 7.3.

Graham