Re: ipvs_syncmaster brings cpu to 100%

Subject: Re: ipvs_syncmaster brings cpu to 100%
From: Luca Maranzano <liuk001@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 12:04:01 +0200
Thanks to all for the replies.

For Bruce Rosenthal: I cannot strace the ipvs_syncmaster since it is a
kernel thread and strace IMVHO doesn't work.

I'm doing some tests with Debian kernel 2.6.8-2-686-smp and the
daemons starts and CPU load is very low (near 0.0) as it should be.

For Horms: I've tryed also non-SMP kernel 2.6.11 (always debian) and
the result is the same (100% cpu hog). May be I should try to disable
Hyperthreading to be sure that it is not the cause. Are you using a
Debian Kernel 2.6.11 or some other version? (Debian kernels are
slightly different from stock Linus' kernels)

More later.
Regards,
Luca