Re: [lvs-users] lvs didn't loadbalance properly when persistent mode is

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] lvs didn't loadbalance properly when persistent mode is on
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:05:01 +0000
On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 19:37 -0700, dbspace wrote:
> But the client is runing jmeter try to simulate a load testing in this case,
> jmeter will fork multiple thread to connect to the server. I don't how else
> you can do a load testing. Also I try to use my other 2 laptops to hit the
> server, and it still only goes to the same server. which is not right.

Persistence works on two levels: host and/or network. If you set a
persistence mask of 255.255.255.0 then all clients from a given /24
network will be sent to the same realserver. If you set it down to
255.255.255.255 (ie. /32, or host level) then you should see your test
spread out a bit more.

For load testing I recommend you turn off persistence.

Graeme