Re: [lvs-users] Problem after power outage

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Problem after power outage
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 17:30:51 +0000
Hi Nicklas

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 10:54 +0100, Nicklas Bondesson wrote:
> After a total power outage today I'm having trouble getting the backup LVS
> node to function properly. The backup node keeps transitioning to MASTER
> state. I'm using keepalived. Things have worked flawless before the power
> outage. The two LVS machines are also firewalls with appropriate rules
> applied to pass through VRRP messages and such.

Are you 100% sure the firewall rules or a network misconfiguration
aren't getting in the way?

The most common flaw that causes this is a rule or route on the nominal
master preventing it sending announcements, so the slave keeps
transitioning.

It's either that, or your system clocks are out of sync with each other.

Graeme