Re: [lvs-users] Problem after power outage

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Problem after power outage
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 11:33:05 +0000
On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 11:34 +0100, Nicklas Bondesson wrote:
> If this is a hw failure then it's really strange it only affects LVS (when
> garp'ing) and nothing else. Don't you think?

Yep :)

> We cannot change only the nic since it's integrated on the motherboard.
>
> What if this is not hw related, what else could be the culprit?

Time. I'm pretty sure, if you're using ntpdate from cron, that time is
your problem.

Can you run a local NTP daemon on the directors which is configured
against two upstream time servers and only permits local clock slew?
That's what I do. The daemon approach means the time is slewed slowly,
rather than skewing several tens of seconds at a time.

Also, make sure the hardware clocks are sufficiently close together on
both systems (hwclock). If not, get the system times close and then do
"hwclock --systohc".

Graeme