Re: [lvs-users] Problem after power outage

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Problem after power outage
From: "Nicklas Bondesson" <nicklas.bondesson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 15:55:56 +0100
> Can you run a local NTP daemon on the directors which is
> configured against two upstream time servers and only permits
> local clock slew?
> That's what I do. The daemon approach means the time is
> slewed slowly, rather than skewing several tens of seconds at a time.
>
> Also, make sure the hardware clocks are sufficiently close
> together on both systems (hwclock). If not, get the system
> times close and then do "hwclock --systohc".
>
> Graeme

What is "sufficiently close togehter"?

If the time is the problem. Shouldn't keepalived complain about this in it's
logs?

This is how the hwclock looks at the two directors. Should it be a problem
you think?

Director1: Thu Nov  6 15:10:41 2008 -0.488277 seconds
Director2: Thu Nov  6 15:10:41 2008 -0.490233 seconds

I will look into the potential ntp time problem. Thanks for the tip!

Nicklas