Re: [lvs-users] Firewall on LVS NAT

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Firewall on LVS NAT
From: Brent Jensen <brent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 21:29:02 -0700
More info. I now realize that these dropped packets are FIN and RST ACKs
being blocked, probably because my rules to the VIP include: -m state
--state NEW -j ACCEPT. Can these dropped packets affect the TCP
connections, resulting in client connection issues?

After further testing it appears that most of the connection issues are
those that go over the ldirector. I've personally seen a case where a
client is 3 hops away experiencing catastrophic connection issues
(sometimes it works, but the site is unusable). Whereas most are not
experiencing these problems. If I bypass the ldirector it appears that
things work a lot better (some http connection issues) and if I bypass the
lvs/director altogether (different hardware, low traffic), things work fine.

Seems a bit like:
http://archive.linuxvirtualserver.org/html/lvs-users/2006-07/msg00184.html

Any comments to my iptable rules (I'm no expert). Any high-traffic,
Iptables LVS-NAT rules / best practices out there anyone can share?

Thanks, Brent