Re: [lvs-users] Re: IPVS Benchmarking

To: Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Re: IPVS Benchmarking
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:06:36 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Joseph Mack wrote:

> I am beginning to think
> that netpipe may not be a good test - each window is sending its packet
> and measuring the throughput for its packet. If because of contention for
> resources, a netpipe process has to wait before starting to send a packet
> and this wait is not included in the timing, then the measured throughput
> will be higher than the real throughput. I will write to the netpipe
> person and ask about this.

Just got a reply from the netpipe maintainer. Since my netpipe processes
are not synchronised and the best result is reported for replicated
packets, in principle I could get 6x100Mbps when testing with 6
realservers. There is a test version of a clustered netpipe (multiple
servers are tested in synchrony) which the maintainer will send to
me to try.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx