Re: Scalability

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Scalability
From: bobby.moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 12:27:22 -0400
No. They are simply offering Red Hat 6.1, which naturally comes with LVS.
They are also clustering 256 Netfinity Servers as a 'super cluster' using
Linux - sort of like Beowulf. My statement simply reflected that LVS comes
in the Linux kernel.

Bobby Moore Worldspan
bobby.moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                    Horms

                    <horms@vergen        To:
lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    et.net>              cc:

                    05/16/2000

                    12:13 PM

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 12:05:09PM -0400, bobby.moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Absolutely.
>
> My problem here is not that I have to try to sell LVS to my bosses, but
> that I have to sell Linux to them. IBM has been a big help. I think that
> LVS will sell itself. I'm not sure they realize it yet, but IBM offers an
> off-the-shelf load balancing solution by running <distro> Linux on their
> Netfinity Servers.

Is that the WebSphere product?

--
Horms