Re: problem with too many inactive connections

To: DongHyun Kim <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: problem with too many inactive connections
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Ratz <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 10:25:54 +0200
DongHyun Kim wrote:

> On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 11:35:24AM -0700, Wayne wrote:
> > I am upgrading to 2.2.15 OS, but the Intel network card
> > driver somehow not working properly -- ifconfig hangs
> > during bring the interface up.  I remember seeing one
> > report of similar problem on this list.  Did anyone else
>
> it's me. :-)
>
> I've upgraded into 2.2.15+lvs-0.9.12-for-2.2.15+intel NIC(eepro100).
> (with Direct-Routing, RR-scheduling)
> I have no problem at OS level. but when I run LVS on it,
> warnings,that say "eth0: card reports no resources" on real servers,
> are displyed.
>
> so, I 've installed intel-e100 driver again.
> warnings are not displayed, but performance is not as good as eepro100
> someone said that eepro driver is enhanced in 2.2.15, but
> same problem occurs in my case..
>
> DongHyun Kim

Did you try to take the old driver? I had some problems
with the 3com quadboards. Since somehow Linus doesn't
always want to put the newest NIC drivers from Donald in
the source tree you should always consider checking your
driver's version manually. I would try to put the appropriate
old intel-e100 from a former kernel version into
/usr/src/linux/driver/net

Hope this helps,

Roberto Nibali, ratz