Re: ideas about kernel masq table syncing ...

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ideas about kernel masq table syncing ...
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:36:00 -0700
On 2000-08-07T18:13:40,
   Ted Pavlic <tpavlic@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Personally I would rather not go for an out of band solution...
> LinuxDirectors won't necessarily be next to each other and eventually there
> might be a need to have more than two of them.

Even if not all of them are active, having about three is quite nice for
reliability / quorum...

> Doing some sort of LinuxDirector multicast exchange of information seems
> like a decent idea. Perhaps we could borrow some of the advertising
> solutions used in some of the various interior routing protocols... <?>

Multicast is IMHO the way to go. If you keep mcast on a private network,
security is not a concern. Otherwise, you should be using a VPN to secure your
data.

However, none of the IGPs offer a solution able to cope with this amount of
data exchange.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@xxxxxxx>
    Development HA

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl