Re: Off topic: Realserver performance.

To: Thomas Proell <Thomas.Proell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Off topic: Realserver performance.
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Benjamin Lee <benjaminlee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 01:24:29 +1100
On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 03:58:23PM +0200, Thomas Proell wrote:

> I'm writing on a scheduler that should lower the traffic
> to a "very loaded" server, which is not easy since
> "load"  is hard to define.

My current simulation is going to use a combination of network traffic
(connections), hard disk I/O, and cpu usage. Of course, because this is a
simulation everything is so arbitrary and I'll be fiddling with the whole
combination of values to see what happens. The tricky bit (in addition to
getting a good measure of load) is getting the simulation to behave like an LVS
implementation so that I can draw some useful conclusions (or not, of course).
;-P

--
B.      http://b.makelinux.org/      "Of course there is a reason why!"
If you live long enough, you'll see that every victory turns into a defeat.