Re: Off topic: Realserver performance.

To: Benjamin Lee <benjamin.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Off topic: Realserver performance.
Cc: Thomas Proell <Thomas.Proell@xxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 10:42:48 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Benjamin Lee wrote:

> My current simulation is going to use a combination of network traffic
> (connections), hard disk I/O, and cpu usage. Of course, because this
> is a simulation everything is so arbitrary and I'll be fiddling with
> the whole combination of values to see what happens. The tricky bit
> (in addition to getting a good measure of load) is getting the
> simulation to behave like an LVS implementation so that I can draw
> some useful conclusions (or not, of course). ;-P

A while ago someone posted a link to some mrtg/iptraff type gifs showing
the cpu/disk/IO for 4 identical real-servers for several hours. The graphs
for the real-servers were indistinguishable.

What are you going to do if you find that (say) disk activity is too high
on one real-server? All other real-servers are going to be having equally
busy disks.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx