Re: Does someone really use LVS as a HTTP,FTP or SMTP server?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Does someone really use LVS as a HTTP,FTP or SMTP server?
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:12:34 -0500
ratz wrote:

> Do a SHIFT+[click on reload] and this should work. At least it works over
> here. For some (for me) unknown reasons if you just click on reload, some-
> times the cache comes into play. So press shift and then click and it will
> work.

I've been in situations where shift reloading doesn't rotate through
the real-servers. I assumed it was due to HTTP persistance and I've
since used telnet to port 80 to check that all real-servers were on line.
(I expect lynx will do the same thing).

I have apache 1.3.x running right now and I notice that with KeepAliveTimeout of
15 secs
that rapid shift reloads rotates through all websites.
This happens with static and SSI pages.
Shift reloads at greater intervals (>15 secs)
sometimes get the same pages and sometimes rotates.

I can't find anything helpful on the netscape or apache websites
beyond all current browsers supporing KeepAlives (persistance connection)

Anyone know what's going on?

(I'm off for thanksgiving for a 3days in a minute or 2).