Re: Does someone really use LVS as a HTTP,FTP or SMTP server?

To: huatao <thua@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Does someone really use LVS as a HTTP,FTP or SMTP server?
Cc: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: ratz <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 12:29:59 +0100
Hi Huatao,

I hope you don't mind if I post this to the lvs mailinglist.

>    So if i have dynamic webserver content, the realservers will share one
>    database or they each have one and keep them snychro? If those
>    requests are mostly database related, i guess the workload will not be
>    balanced very well if there is only one database. And if those
>    realsevers each have a database, let's say MySQL, is it possible to
>    keep them synchro?

I can't give you the correct answer here since I don't know enough about
databases. But there are a lot of people here on the list that know this
and it has also been addressed quite some times in the list. That's why
I forward this mail to the list.

>    Sorry, i think i did not make myself very clear in last letter, but
>    your answer is very helpful, i can learn a lot from it as well :-)

Good to know ;) I also learn a lot in this mailing list.

>    What i really wanted to say is how to verify those scheduling
>    algorithms like rr,wrr,lc,wlc, using browser? But cache is a big
>    problem when making verifications.

Oups, you lost me here. Could you elaborate a little bit more on the
first question? Do you want to know what scheduler is running by
connecting to the VIP?  ???

>    It's so kind of you!
>    Your answers are very helpful.
>    Thank you very much!

I'm glad having helped someone. Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz

--
mailto: `echo NrOatSz@xxxxxxxxx | sed 's/[NOSPAM]//g'`