Re[4]: Does someone really use LVS as a HTTP,FTP or SMTP server?

To: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re[4]: Does someone really use LVS as a HTTP,FTP or SMTP server?
From: huatao <thua@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 09:24:15 +0800
Hello Lars,

LMB> Having a single database server in the back would be the most common setup
in
LMB> this case.

LMB> Of course, if your database is the bottleneck instead of the
LMB> application/webservers, this won't help much ;-)

     I think i should try a single-database-server-setup first :-)

LMB> Synchronising multiple instances of the same database is rather difficult
if
LMB> your database doesn't support it: You would need online replication for
Oracle
LMB> for example.

LMB> If your database only changes once per day or so, you could use rsync to
LMB> replicate read-only copies of it to each real server after an update.

LMB> Even if you would still use a single server to keep the per user data, this
LMB> would replicate the bulk of the queries (your database content) and ease
the
LMB> load on your database server considerably.

     I could not understand this very well due to my limited knowledge
     about database :-) I want to know how this could ease the load on
     the database server condiserably by replicating the bulk of the
     queries even if i use a single server.

     Your answers are quite helpful, thank you very much.

--
Best regards,
 huatao                            mailto:thua@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx