Re: MySQL Replication

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MySQL Replication
From: "Michael McConnell" <michaelm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:30:51 -0700
I do not see MySQL making any claims to Real-time. There are many situations
where a high load will result in systems getting backed up, especially if
your Slave system performs other operations.

MySQL's built in replication functions like so;
1. Master writes updates to Binary Log
2. Slave checks for Binary Updates
3. Slave Downloads new Bin Updates / Installs

Correct?

Mike