Re: DRWS-a layer 7 load balancer

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: DRWS-a layer 7 load balancer
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 23:04:39 +0800 (CST)
Hi,

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, 8923517 wrote:

>       Now, in my implement, I only support 255 content types.
>
>       the rule is file ext. match such as *.htm will redirect to
>
>       server A and *.gif will redirect to server B.
>
>       A type of content means a service in LVS.
>
>       A special type 0xff, means not match any contents.
>
>       At first, a syn packet comes to load balance, and it will match
>
>       a service(0xff) , and redirect it to back end.
>
>       After three-way handshae, client sends a packet with HTTP header,
>
>       and the load balancer parses the header to find out the content
>
>       type. And then, It find out a service that serives the content.
>
>       If the dest. is the same as pervious back-end, the packet will
>
>       be sent to that back-end. otherwise,the packet will be sent to
>
>       a new server that services the content.

Does it work that the packet (whoes payload has URL request) is sent to a
new server? it is broken, because there is no three-handshake to establish
a TCP connection between the client and the new server. Unless you have
already implemented some mechanism to migrate the socket end-point at the
original server to the new server.

Regards,

Wensong