Re: DRWS-a layer 7 load balancer

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: DRWS-a layer 7 load balancer
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 23:02:37 +0800 (CST)
Hello,

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, motse wrote:

>     Yes. At real server have another kernel module that can rebuild the
> connection base on the packet that contains URLs. The DRWS-filter is the
> module at real server. You can see the mechanism in the slides.

I just read the slides and some of your code.

I see that there may be some problems in your method, for example, there
is a long HTTP request which is sent through two packets, how can it be
handled in your method? Maybe I miss something.

The other problem is that when there are more servers (e.g. 4), in most
cases, the director cannot forward the request to the right server ("guess
right"), then the director send RST to the former server. It will bring
more overhead to both the director and the real servers.

For a high-performance Layer-7 switching, maybe it can be constructured as
one IPVS and many KTCPVS (that can be running as real servers, just like
that you install filter modules on real servers).

Regards,

Wensong